Confession of Guilt and Petition for Forgiveness in the Matter of Our Forefathers’ Ratification of the United States Constitution
We the undersigned do hereby confess our culpability and acknowledge our complicity in giving assent and endorsement to the United States Constitution, ratified in 1788. We beg forgiveness of Yahweh Almighty God, the one and only King of kings and Lord of lords, for this sedition against Him and this rebellion against His kingdom in rejecting His law and replacing it with a human code devised by the framers.
In times past, we have idolized this man-made document by speaking of it with a reverence that belongs only to the inspired Word of God. We have falsely proclaimed that a return to its “original intent” is equivalent to a return to the law of God, while remaining ignorant (perhaps even willfully so) of its many contradictions of that law. We have failed to recognize the covenant-breaking nature of this document in departing from the pre-colonial and colonial covenants with God.
As a consequence of this act of covenantal rebellion, we recognize His just judgment by means of unusual natural disasters, diseases and plagues, perpetual warfare, economic calamity, and regulatory tyranny. We stand condemned as a nation and as individuals who deserve the temporal judgment brought on by disobedience to His law. Specifically, we repudiate those provisions of the United States Constitution by which we have:
• Rejected Yahweh’s sovereign authority (Exodus 20:3; 1 Timothy 6:15; etc.) by setting up a false god known as WE THE PEOPLE, whereby a government of, by, and for the people was established rather than a government of, by, and for Yahweh, as per the Preamble.
• Rejected His legislative, executive, and judicial prerogatives (Isaiah 33:22) by presuming to enact and adjudicate laws contrary to His moral law, as codified in His commandments, statutes, and judgments, as per Articles I, II, & III.
• Rejected His perfect law (Psalm 19:7-11) by making “this Constitution and the laws of the United States made in pursuance thereof” the supreme law of the land, thereby further rejecting Yahweh as the one and only lawgiver (Isaiah 33:22; James 4:12), as per Article VI.
• Rejected His criteria for godly leadership (Deuteronomy 17:15, etc.) by outlawing the “religious test” oath and thereby all Biblical requirements for holding public office, as per Article VI.
• Rejected His First Commandment to “have no other gods before me” (Deuteronomy 5:7) by refusing to place any restriction on the public worship of false gods, as per Amendment 1.
• Rejected His commission for self-defense and defense of one’s neighbor (Exodus 22:2-3, Psalm 149:6-9; etc.) by placing the possession and use of firearms under the jurisdiction of a humanistic and often Biblically hostile government, as per Amendment 2.
• Rejected His requirement for capital punishment for capital crimes and restitution and/or household indentured servitude as the principle means of dealing with theft and debt (Psalm 19:9; etc.), as per Amendment 8.
• Rejected His laws of warfare (Deuteronomy 20, etc.) by multiplying offensive weapons and aggressively employing them beyond our own borders, as per Article 1.
Before Yahweh’s kingdom can be realized in our age, “on earth, as it is in heaven,” we, like Gideon, must recognize and repudiate the Constitution as our national idol.
We gratefully acknowledge His mercy extended to us through the death and resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ. We cast ourselves upon that mercy and trust His sovereign grace will repair what we have so callously destroyed. We pray that the judgment upon us as a people may be a judgment unto restoration rather than a judgment unto destruction.
In attaching my signature, I humbly confess my sin of rebellion against Yahweh, the only wise and just God. Moreover, I pledge myself henceforth to promote His moral law as contained in the Old and New Testaments—and encoded specifically in His commandments, statutes, and judgments (Deuteronomy 6:1)—as the law of the land.
"Now because of all this we are making an agreement in writing; and on the sealed document are the names of our leaders ... joining with their kinsmen, their nobles, and are taking on themselves a curse and an oath to walk in God’s law, which was given through Moses, God’s servant, and to keep and to observe all the commandments of Yahweh our Lord, and His ordinances and His statutes." ( Nehemiah 9:38, 10:29 )
Leave your signature and a brief message below to sign.
Alina Irizarry GOD LOVES US ALL